<$BlogRSDURL$>

writing when I should be sleeping

Sunday, May 09, 2004

I hate computers!!!

First, last week, my sisters has invited worms
and viruses to reside in my com thru opening
every mail from tom, dick and harry. Yes, yes,
even those with attachments. Argh, I was born in
a time when Mr gates and windows have not taken
over the world and computers displays were
green/black and white. Yet I know the rule of
not opening any mail, esp those with
subjects "Hi", "I Love you" and "make me your
sex slave".

The bloody computer crash on me. Imagine life
without internet. I felt like an hermit for two
days before getting my lazy butt to reformat the
com and install all the drivers. Guess wat, Just
when I was about to finish (two days of work),
my sisters have outdone themselves by kena-ing
two more worms. Argggghhh, Arghhhh, Argh. Now my
cd drives can't work. But i figured its alright
just as long I am connected........

But no...... my sis got her laptop infected with
the sasser virus becoz she refuse to take time
off to update windows. And guess wat, I became
the com repair man again. Y is it me? The person
who has in his whole life never created a power
point presentation? Me who used 3 hours to
figure out how to place the page numbers on my
thesis correctly. Yesh, I am a com idiot, born
in the dark ages and received almost ziltch com
education. But when I read thru all the blurdy
manuals and surf the web for guides to solve all
the problems, I sort of became expert at
rebooting. You know the chinese saying
about "when you have a long time sickness, you
can become a doctor"-something like that. Still
have a phobia about powerpoint slides though.

I am beginning to think computer are evil, sent
out to ruin my life. But I still think they are
necessary evil. Or is it siblings that are.......
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?