<$BlogRSDURL$>

writing when I should be sleeping

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I am so mentally drained, but the good news is that my marketing presentation went smoothly despite my brain being overclocked for the past couple of days trying to juggle the syndicate assignments. Enough of that..... lets talk abt other stuff rather than work

Went to a Lebanese restaurant with the food and wine cluband I have to say that the food was disappointing although the company of FT and PT students were excellent. But at least its another notch on the food tasting rod. We are going for Greek at Jimmy's Greek Tarven this Friday which I am really looking forward to. The Greek food there is .......mmmmmmmm...... It will be a great celebratory dinner for the end of assignments and a great way to tell myself to get my lazy butt in study for exam gear.

On the topic of errant syndicate grp members, I have heard so many horrid stories, abt ppl not carrying their weight, fights, misconducts, etc etc. Its a grim reminder that despite the fact that we are students, office politics still play a large role in a business school. And I guess to climb the ladder of success, one need to balance work, social and ethical considerations. But in all, I still think we have a fantastic class and I would not dream of going to another biz school.

OH yeah, there was a presentation by some of the graduating class who had found jobs. SAd to say, most found jobs in the same sector that they were previously from and stated that a total career switch would be difficult. But you know what, I am hope to prove them wrong. I believe, therefore I can and I will make a successful career transition. I live my life the way I want it, I value people inputs but U can all kiss my A** if you expect me to go down without a fight. If I am to fall to the monster of conformity, I will spit it in the eye before I even sacrifice my hopes for money, status and prestige. Come to think of it, I can spare the hard fight if I am just paid a humongous signing bonus, a zippy company car, nice penthouse and two cute secretaries in mini skirts. Wait, make that three secretaries, one for the breakfast shift, one for the lunchtime shift and one for the dinner shift.... I am a hardworking man. :)
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?