<$BlogRSDURL$>

writing when I should be sleeping

Thursday, March 02, 2006

I have been receiving an increasing amount of email asking me about the school, application and my thoughts. So I thought I do a post to address some of the more common questions:

Is the GMAT critical?
Its important but not all critical. Basciaclly the school will assess you using your work experience, GMAT and essays. No one single person is perfect so if you are weak in other aspects, boost your application and the weapon that can help you the most is your essays.

Is Melbourne Business School (MBS) the right school for me?
MBS is ranked in the financial times for 2 consecutive years as the best school in Australia and one of the top 3 in Asia. Other instruments like Newsweek and AFRBoss has made similar rankings which I am sure you would have found out by now. Rankings is part of the reason why you pay for an MBA, otherwise, you might be better off loaning business books from libraries and reading them yourself or taking a mail order course. You want to network with the right people and be recognised and be offered good opportunities. Rankings helps with all that. So do not take the crap about rankings is not important.

MBS is good as it has a good diverse student population, with people from over 30 countries in my class. Previous professionals range from finance, consulting, IT, medical doctors, research scientists, entrepreneurs, just to name a few. The course also offer a relatively pain free way to apply for PR in Australia after graduation. You can find out more about the school by going for information sessions conducted all over the world (register at the website), coming to the school and speak with students and Profs if you are in Melbourne and the kind me has gotten you a person you can direct your emails to Melissa Sieradzki at mailto:M.Sieradzki@mbs.edu I will also be happy to help you out if you want to send me emails but please know that I do not regularly check my blog fan mail box because of commitments. So be a little patient if you want my two cents worth, otherwise, Melissa can do a similar if not better job.

Will update with more FAQs when I have more time.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?